Tips for a Spooky and Sustainable Halloween
Getting ready for Halloween? From purchasing locally grown pumpkins to reusing items around your house to make decorations and costumes, here are tips to make your Halloween spooky and sustainable.
- Use reusable totes or pillowcases to hold candy when trick-or-treating.
- Organize a neighborhood swap for kids’ costumes.
- Look for costumes at your local thrift store.
- Reuse glass bottles by painting black and adding spooky labels and flowers.
- Purchase locally grown pumpkins.
- Keep candy wrappers out of the recycling bin.
- Don’t forget to compost your pumpkin after Halloween.
Need more inspiration? Try these tips:
Harvard University’s Six Tips for a Green Halloween
Brightly’s 10 Ways To Have an Eco-Friendly + Sustainable Halloween